Monday, January 17, 2011

Ziti Anyone?


On Friday, I spied the Turtle Class poking around in the garden. On closer inspection, I saw them cutting up weeds from the ground. They put them in bags and buckets and seemed really excited about them. I just couldn't figure out what was so special about a bunch of green stuff. Then, I heard Ms. C. say that the weeds, which she called lettuce, would be great for salad with their special lunch. What in the world?? Those weeds were definitely goat food!

Later that day, Ms. C. and Ms. JoAnne were talking about their luncheon...did they actually eat the weeds? YES and with something called Ziti. I'll tell ya, these people just fascinate me! So it turns out that the kids were learning about the letter "z" and all week they did projects and activities that helped them learn more about it. Eating Ziti for lunch, which Ms. JoAnne made with the help of the Turtles, and eating salad from their garden, was a great ending to a fun week of learning. Too bad they didn't save any of the green stuff for me!! Peace Out - Ocho

No comments: